Kuwait reports 683 new cases; tally at 58,904

- Advertisement -

Kuwait has confirmed 683 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, taking the country’s infection tally to 58,904, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA said Saturday, quoting a health official.

The latest cases comprise 430 Kuwaitis and 253 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.

The official announced three more deaths from COVID-19, taking the total such fatalities in Kuwait to 407.

All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, Dr Al Sanad added.

READ  Bahrain: Death of 52-Year-Old Expat Announced

There are 137 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official said in a media update.

Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 457,340 far after 4,370 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.

Comments

- Advertisement -