An injured expat was saved in a heroic way after a huge fire broke out in a residential building that was controlled.
Preliminary information indicates that there were no more injuries recorded in the incident, that occurred in Salmabad area, and the saved expat was transferred to the nearest hospital for treatment.
Not much of information was revealed by the General Directorate of Civil Defense officially, but the directorate said that its rescue team evacuated the building as a precautionary procedure after the expat was rescued. The directorate stated that it sent three vehicles and around ten firemen to control the fire. It added that the rescued expat received first aids at the site before being transferred to the hospital.
As for the cause of the fire, there were no official confirmations. The cause is thought to be due to a short circuit or negligence.
The Ministry of the Interior assured that everything was under control and the necessary official procedures were taken by concerned authorities. The ministry urged all residents to take maximum precautions in general and those regarding electricity connections in particular, to avoid dangerous incidents that might put souls in danger.