Crown Prince HRH Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa confirmed that national efforts to contain and prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) are continuing.
Based on the proposal of the National Medical Team to tackle the coronavirus (COVID-19) and with the participation of the National Disaster Response Committee, the following was decided starting tomorrow for a month:
– The activities of all restaurants, tourist facilities and places for providing food and beverages are limited to external orders and delivery.
– Continuing the normal workflow in public and private institutions, and urging the implementation of work remotely whenever the possibility exists.
– Commercial shops, malls, and food stores are still open normally, keeping in mind the Ministry of Health’s guidelines for avoiding mixing in public places.
– Close the cinemas and all its galleries.
– Close private sports centres, private physical education halls, private swimming pools and special recreational games.
– Shisha cafes are closed and their activities are limited to providing food and beverages only through external orders and delivery.
– Allocating the first hour of opening food and catering stores for the elderly and pregnant women only to reduce contact.
– Avoid gatherings of more than 20 people, be bound to stay at home as much as possible, and go out of necessity only.
– Avoid travelling unless absolutely necessary.
– Checking all incoming travellers through the various ports of the Kingdom of Bahrain and applying the home quarantine for 14 days on them.
– It was also decided until further notice to stop studies in public and private schools, government and private higher education institutions and kindergartens, with administrative and educational staff continuing to work.