Total coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia Cross 76,000

- Advertisement -

Saudi Arabia on Tuesday continued to witness a downward trend in number of new COVID-19 infections with 1,931 new cases over the past 24 hours, raising the total to 76,726, the health ministry said in a press statement.

The ministry reported 12 more deaths, bringing the total number of fatalities to 411.

The ministry announced that 2,782 more patients have recovered, taking the total number of recoveries to 48,450 so far.

Of the new infections, Riyadh reported a whopping 789 cases with Jeddah being a distant second with 327 cases.

READ  Special Farewell Sticker for Foreigners Departing the UAE

Hufof, Dammam and Makkah recorded 166, 143 and 120 cases respectively.

Among the newly detected cases, males accounted for 75 percent while females made up 25 percent, according to the health ministry spokesman.

The spokesman also said that 45 percent of the newly detected cases are of Saudi citizens while the remaining 55 percent are of expatriates from different countries.


- Advertisement -