Tourist Dies ‘After Getting Trapped in Spa’ During Blaze at Five-star Marrakech Hotel

A British father-of-two has died after getting trapped in a spa during a blaze at a five-star hotel in Morocco, according to reports.

The fire is said to have ripped through the Jaal Riad Resort in Marrakech at around 4pm on Wednesday.

Emergency responders rushed to the luxury hotel but were unable to save the man, 40, who died from smoke inhalation, according to The Sun.

Sources told the publication that the late British father had been on holiday with friends and was in the hotel’s spa when the fire took hold.

The newspaper reported that the hotel confirmed that a guest had died, but that its representative was unable to comment due to an ongoing investigation into the incident. It added that the hotel has since reopened.

The British Foreign Office is believed to be supporting the family of a man who died in Morocco.


The Mail
Back to top button