The UAE announced on Saturday two new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of cases to seven in the country.
In a statement carried by state news agency WAM, the Ministry said that the new cases, who are of Chinese and Filipino nationalities, are under observation and necessary medical care.
The Ministry added that all health facilities will continue to report any new cases suspected to have coronavirus.
It said it is working in coordination with all departments and concerned authorities in the country to take all precautionary and preventive measures to ensure the safety of the UAE’s citizens and residents.
Earlier, it was reported that the death toll from China’s coronavirus outbreak soared to 722 on Saturday, including the first foreign victim, as Hong Kong imposed a mandatory quarantine on mainland arrivals to block the spread of an epidemic that has caused global panic.
With 86 more people dying in mainland China – the highest one-day jump so far – the toll was closing in on the 774 killed worldwide during the 2002-2003 SARS epidemic.